Re: Bugzilla summary

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 03:48:14PM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:

  Hi Martin,

 thanks for your efforts on this,

> 7.) Products / Components / Versions
>
>     I think this should be up to the maintainers of a package - ie. each
>     maintainer of a package should create a product and individual components
>     for his package and also decide which version numbers he wants to have.
>
>     However, we may need a `general' component for each product to make debbugs
>     importing work if the user did not specify a component.
>
>     Can we agree on this or do we need more discussion here ?
>
> 8.) Did I miss something
>
>     In case I forgot something or you'd like to discuss something, add it
>     here ....

  I have a question but I don't know if it pertains to 7) or 8).
What I most use bugs.gnome.org for is that, as maintainer of gnome-xml,
I bookmarked the associated page
  (http://bugs.gnome.org/db/pa/lgnome-xml.html for this specific module)
and visit it on a regular basis to check for new problems reported.
Then of course I follow the links to the individual tickets...

I could not find the equivalent on the current bugzilla setup, and I'm
wondering if it's due to not having the full configuration up yet or
as 7) may suggest I need to make a specific  action to get gnome-xml
module listed from the big bugzilla top form.

I'm also wondering if the existing bugs.gnome.org interface is gonna die
in the process or if both will work on the same bug database.

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard w3 org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/