Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

Federico Mena Quintero <federico helixcode com> writes:

> jacob helixcode com (Jacob "Ulysses" Berkman) writes:
>
> > > I *do* want the user to complain if the fucking applet is buggy.
> >
> > ...which is what gnome_segv and bug-buddy are for.  Dude, there are
> > tons of mails saying "how do i get the pager back?" which this solves
> > pretty easily.
>
> It may reduce your mail load; but it does not fix the bug.

There is less time for fixing the bug with a heavy mail load, yo.

Dude, software sucks a lot more than hardware.  It would be nice if
the users had a nicer way to recover from software suckage.  That's
all we're doing here.

The patch is in HEAD, it's hopefully going to get backported to 1.2.x,
and that's what's going to happen.  I understand your concern, but as
gnome-core maintainer I like this patch.  So it's staying in.

Both sides of the discussion are understood, so let's move on with our
lives.  Please.

Jacob
--
"I've got nothing to say but that's ok." -- John Lennon