Re: Bugzilla outstanding issues

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 04:56:07PM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> ===
> @severities = (
>         "blocker",
>         "critical",

	I also want to know what the distinction here is.

> @platforms = (
>         "All",
>         "DEC",
>         "HP",
>         "Macintosh",
>         "PC",
>         "SGI",
>         "Sun",
>         "Other"

	I'd add either "PowerPC" or "RS/6000" to support the non-mac
PowerPC machines.  To be more specific, I'd use architecture words, and
not vendor words.  Because "PC vs Sun" is not as clear as "x86 vs
Sparc".  What happens when a user has a PC from DEC or HP?  And it'll
take some thinking for a person with a bug on AIX to decide to select
"Macintosh" as the nearest PowerPC box.  For that matter, while they are
older, "Macintosh" would hide distinctions between linux/PPC and
linux/68k.  So I guess I'm suggesting:

@platforms = (
	"All",
	"DEC Alpha",
	"HP PA-RISC",
	"PowerPC",
	"Intel x86",
	"MIPS",
	"Sun Sparc",
	"Other"
);

>         trash   - Bug report was closed because it was crap/useless etc.,
>                   set this keyword to distinguish it from other closed
>                   bug reports so we can exclude them in queries

	As has been said, "INVALID" is already there.

--

"Same dancers in the same old shoes.
 You get too careful with the steps you choose.

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org