Re: New KDE web site.

On 4 Nov 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > However, just parsing PHP and doing header type styff with it is really
> > lightweight. Especially if you use PHP4. Database generation stuff can be
> > cached in the same way we cache stuff from news.gnome.org and the recent aps
> > headlines on the frontpage today.
>
> I agree with you Joakim. Using PHP for common headers, etc is a good
> idea. And doing it like this, it's very easy to change the look of all
> the web site by just changing a couple of PHP functions.

You can do that with a bunch of different web site tools - this is no
argument at all for PHP in particular.

> For the database access part though, making a sort of cache for avoiding
> continous access to the DB is quite necessary.

This is exactly why WML makes more sense than PHP.

C'mon people, wake up! :)
-- Elliot
[ "In a democracy, the government is the people," Milo explained. "We're people,
aren't we? So we might just as well keep the money and eliminate the middleman." ]
							- Catch-22