Re: gnome-hackers-readonly

"Martin Baulig (martin home-of-linux org)" <martin gnome org> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> I disabled the gnome-hackers-readonly list again for the moment. This
> is more work than I expected and there are still some unresolved
> issues with the configuration which I'll better do next week when I
> have time and not shortly before I won't be reachable by mail for three
> days.

Sounds OK.

> Some of the outstanding issues are:
>
> 1.) How to make sure that people really can't post to
>     gnome-hackers-readonly while posts from gnome-hackers still go
>     through.

See the box "Addresses of members accepted for posting..." on
the Privacy Options page.

> 2.) How to make sure that admin mails such as password reminders
>     go to gnome-hackers-readonly-owner gnome org instead of to the
>     list.

See "send password reminders to e..g, "-owner" address" on the
General Options page.

> I think I can solve them within a few days, so the readonly list
> can be up somewhere next week.
>
> For the moment, you'll need to use the archives ...
>
> 	http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/

I'd still like to take the simplest approach and make the list
open subscription. On say, gtk-devel-list, almost all the
inappropriate posts (and there aren't many) are posted
by non-members anyways so they will be held for moderation
in any case.

Regards,
                                        Owen