Re: your post (sorry, brain-dead terminal)

Owen====>
> 1.) How to make sure that people really can't post to
>     gnome-hackers-readonly while posts from gnome-hackers still go
>     through.

See the box "Addresses of members accepted for posting..." on
the Privacy Options page.
<=====

Well, this doesn't work since we'd need to list all members of
gnome-hackers there to make this work. I tried things like
gnome-hackers-admin gnome org but this didn't work either.

Owen====>
> 2.) How to make sure that admin mails such as password reminders
>     go to gnome-hackers-readonly-owner gnome org instead of to the
>     list.

See "send password reminders to e..g, "-owner" address" on the
General Options page.
<=====

This doesn't work since it'd for instance send you your password
to otaylor-owner redhat com etc.

Owen====>
I'd still like to take the simplest approach and make the list
open subscription. On say, gtk-devel-list, almost all the
inappropriate posts (and there aren't many) are posted
by non-members anyways so they will be held for moderation
in any case.
<====

Yeah, that's probably really the easiest version, but when we get
a large number of "listeners" we may want to restrict posting to
"real" members and have all the other people moderated.

It also makes syncing the gnome-private <-> gnome-hackers
subscription lists harder if we open on of them for subscription.

Maybe we can solve this problem with some .procmailrc which filters
out admin stuff and postings on gnome-hackers-readonly (I mean,
subscribe some gnome-hackers-filter gnome org account on the machine to
gnome-hackers which does the filtering and then forwards everything to
the real gnome-hackers-readonly list).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)