Re: Subversion on container

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Joe Shaw wrote:
>

>>I use Bonsai quite a bit to read patches that go into modules I'm
>>interested in.  However, with svn's atomic commits and ViewCVS it should
>>be a lot easier to do this.  Can ViewCVS show diffs of full commits (not
>>just files) when using subversion?  If so, Bonsai's utility is basically
>>zero and we should replace the Bonsai URLs in commit emails with ViewCVS
>>ones after the migration.
>>
>>Joe
>>

>A working Bonsai is very useful in the accounts team, to check
>somebody's activity.

Try:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewsvn/$repository/?view=queryform

The integrated query interface doesn't make it easy to do cross-repo
queries though.

>  Another use I have for Bonsai is to check
>which modules have a branch for a particular gnome version, to
>make sure jhbuild modulesets are up to date:
>
>  http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/jhbuild/scripts/branch-violations/README?view=markup
>
>Is there a way to do these kind of things with latest ViewCVS?

You can list branches with the "svn ls" command. For example:

$ svn ls http://svn.gnome.org/svn/libgnomeui/branches
CANVAS_CLEANUP/
GNOME_0_27_PATCHES/
GNOME_0_30_MARTIN/