Re: signal-to-noise on d-d-l

Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 12:09:58AM -0500, jorge o. castro escribió:

>Luis Villa wrote:
>>I think any healthy project that wants to think of
>>itself as a single project needs a main list- d-d-l has been that list,
>>and is in danger of splintering, which sucks.

	What about having a new list only for discussions? I mean a list
where you can speak forever about flags, about new scripting solutions,
about vaporware, about gentalia and so. We can keep desktop-devel-list
for code/technical discussion and gnome-discussion (does it have
negative connotations in English?) was a list here people can discuss
non techincal issues. The evo thread for example, began as a tech issue,
it was okey on d-d-l, but after 5th message, it could be moved to
discucssion list. So we can ask for a policy like "Please, when you
think (anmdd you are smart) that the thread is becoming
non-technical/controvelsial/somethingpersonal, please move it to _only_
gnome-discussion list"

	I remember about year 96, the main linux mailing list in Spanish
(l-linux) became bigger and bigger, and the noise increased with rants,
discussions about Microsoft is crap and so. That time, Kuko created the
linux-qmd [1] just for people with aims to discuss fovered. And it
worked.

Salu2

[1]: qmd stands for "Qué me dices!" the first yellow TV show in Spain.

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas