Re: signal-to-noise on d-d-l

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

> Maybe we need some way to make sure that people subscribe to that list
> when they subscribe to desktop-devel-list. I think one reason that people
> post announcements to desktop-devel-list is because they know people are
> not subscribed to gnome-announce. Creating another announcement list might
> not change that.

People post developer announcements to d-d-l because that's where the
developers are. gnome-announce-list is *not* a developer-oriented list. If
we had gnome-hackers-announce, I think the convention would be to post
developer announcements to both it and gnome-hackers. So if you can't handle
or aren't interested in the general cross-project discussion, you sub to the
announce list. It would be important and informative enough to do so. For
developers.

- Jeff

    I wanted to be Superman, but all I got were these special powers of
                             self-deprecation.