Re: Proper Web Calendar [Was: GNOME 2.7/2.8 Proposed Schedule]

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="JP Rosevear">

I'm not sure what you mean by this - you seem to be saying evolution is
doing the right thing but you don't want to use it?  Note that the various
calendars spit out by iCal for instance are broken because they use an
Olsen time zone name (which is also not uniquely specified) and then don't
include the time zone information.

Every time Luis and I have done full-day items in Evo, they're timezoned,
which is not what we want for the release calendar. It should show the same
logical date whatever timezone you're in. That kind of thing might be too
rare a use case for Evo though.
Why shouldn't we change this? IOW key the freeze dates to the last timezone before the dateline, or to UTC, or whatever... having freezes that sweep across from east to west doesn't seem to be all that important IMO, what does it accomplish?

- Bill

- Jeff