Re: Two new projects in the CVS and 5th Toe

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 10:00, Jens Bech Madsen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 18:08, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> > Just in case you haven't heard about the new CVS machine...
> >
> > We've got a new machine from HP with 5-600 Gigs of diskspace and dual
> > 2.8 GHz processors and 6 Gigs of RAM. I think we can afford to lower the
> > bar wrt what goes into CVS. Not that any junk module should be in CVS,
> > but a GNOME app that is useful should go in just to ease the work for
> > the translators and documenters IMO.
>
> Slightly off-topic:
>
> Does this have anything to do with the anonymous CVS problems the past
> week or so?

No. New machine isn't installed yet.

> The usual problem is getting an I/O error on first try and then have it
> working properly two seconds later. It is very annoying with jhbuild.
>
> And where does one report problems with this? I looked in bugzilla and
> my best guess is the 'general' product'.

What I'd suggest is:

 * Use specific anoncvsN rather than anoncvs.gnome.org so you know what
   machine is at fault (anoncvs.gnome.org is a round-robin)

   Currently the machines in the rotation seem to be anoncvs3 in Sweden
   and anoncvs5 in Spain.

 * If you find one of the particular anoncvs servers is having problems,
   mail anoncvsN gnome org CC'ing gnome-sysadmin gnome org

Regards,
							Owen