Re: ANNOUNCE: ooo-build-1.1.44

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 22:58, Chris Chabot wrote:
> > > [1] - assuming the common man has 4Gb+ of spare space and lots of
> > >       idle CPU time.
> >
> > Really??  I need to fix a bug in OOo, that's it currently draws
> > some characters that should be removed before drawing (like
> > U+200C ZWNJ and U+200D ZWJ), but I cannot afford compiling that
> > if that's the case.
>
> It seems highly unlikely that the specs mentioned on the website and in
> these emails are randomly made up .. ;-) openoffice is a huge and very
> complicated project, so the build resources are equally large.

	Quite; of course spare CPU time is not such a problem - most people
are  not belting their CPU overnight; it's really just a disk-space
issue.

	Of course, if you only have ~2GB of spare space, you could help by
re-hashing some of the 'deliver' scripts to use hard-linking instead of
copying ;-) [ eg. ], which would be a help to others;

	Anyhow - this question really belongs on the mailing list that was
linked in the announcement itself; where Dan lurks who can help you with
Fedora OO.o questions too.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot