Re: ANNOUNCE: fontilus-0.3 and nautilus-rpm-0.1

Jim Gettys hp com wrote:

Ooohhh, goodie, goodie...  I hope we can also get properties of a file
(what package it is from, etc), check its checksum, etc,
while browsing.  Ultimately, I'd like to
do a click or two on a file I'm browsing, and have it upgraded automatically
(e.g. apt-get upgrade foo).  I suggested this to Andy Herzfeld aeons ago,
and I'm glad to see someone picking up the gautlet.
I can do the first part of this, but not the second at the moment. Here is a screenshot of viewing package properties for a file:
   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/images/nautilus-rpm-properties.png

I just need to get the package verify, install, remove, etc tools working (will probably set them up to use consolehelper, so that a password dialog will be displayed when trying to do things like install).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.