Re: Favourites menu vanished in Gnome2

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 bordoley msu edu wrote:

> OK so now that we at least in theory have menu editing, it was decided to
> remove favourites. If you have a parallel install of gnome favourites as a uri
> in nautilus may still work however with pure gnome2 installs favourites
> doesn´t work so it was removed from the ui in nautilus. At some time in the
> future I would like to see nautilus bookmarks removed and replaced with a
> favourites folder like in mac os, that is if i can convince the maintainers.

It was never decided to drop favourites. It just silently happened, an
nobody i've asked know why or who decided it. I really dislike the fact
that i had to remove favorites from nautilus since it got removed
elsewhere.

I really like favorites, I think it's the only sane form of menu editing
facilities for "mom and pop" type of users, and i strongly dislike it
disappearing.