Re: Panel crasher in 1.4.x [Was: random thought about bug-buddy (in the 'very long term thinking' category)]

hi Daniel (+ public),

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 05:58, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Interesting. Doesn't for me on Debian/Testting (PowerPC) with 1.4.

You need to try it many times.

After a while you get the 'hang of it'...

Part of the unpredictability makes it hard to debug. Many of my patches
in report 59500 were simple hacks that I wanted to share so a wider
group of people can test. Often I think I have fixed the bug only to
find it still occurs for kmaraas or on the 20th try...

Having said that this bug has caused  panel crashes on startup for
tonnes of first-time redhat users (at least)... I don't know how many
switched to kde given this was their gnome experience.

ta,
wayne