Re: GNOME 2.0.x and 2.x: The List

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 18:05, Luis Villa wrote:
> The bad news: So, I've not completed the 2.0.1 triage in the same way I
> did for 2.0.0, but I'm getting there. So any links in this email are
> mainly preliminary.
>
> The good news: there are, as of right now, no 'new' showstoppers for
> 2.0.1. There are some old ones (drag and drop in nautilus, for example)
> and there are a few closed 'new' ones from 2.0.0 that are already fixed,
> like crashing in the font selector. But because of all of the hard, hard
> work we put in there are basically no new serious bugs that we didn't
> already know about that were revealed by 2.0.0 release.[1] That's a huge
> quality step for us, and everyone involved even minimally in
>
> So, the 2.0.1 list is mostly right now 'best to fix' with a bit of 'most
> important to fix' thrown in. As we get closer to release it'll start to
> resemble a 'must fix' list a lot more closely, esp. if we have serious
> regressions. But for right now, it's just the first cut at a 'these
> would be best to fix' list.[2]

An attempt to use GNOME 2.0.0 without the mouse will turn up some nasty
deadends.  Depending on what release we want to target for "functioning keynav",
these might climb in urgency/criticality.  Some of this may fold in logically
with the UI review.  At the moment a 'mouse free' user won't be able to use
GNOME effectively or perhaps at all.  Unfortunately some of these problems seem
to be regressions.

-Bill