Re: random thought about bug-buddy (in the 'very long term thinking' category)

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:54:07PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:

> So, this has a /bit/ to do with 1.4 support and such, but also just with
> long-term planning. Would anyone object if future versions of bug-buddy
> 'expired' a year after being built? Like, run the binary, it checks the
> date, if date is greater than one year after being built, it refuses to
> run.

I think that's a very bad idea. I know that it is embarassing to get
reports about ancient versions, but that can't be helped by obsoleting
bug-buddy. And why should I be forced to (possibly manually) upgrade
bug-buddy, just because my distribution is last year's, even if bug-buddy
is otherwise working flawlessly?

Maybe a warning dialog (with a "don't show me anymore" button) would be
better.

 - Sebastian