Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]

<quote who="Soeren Sandmann">

> > And doesnt GConf already give you all of those things?  Has anyone
> > thought about using that for storing metadata?
>
> I was thinking that too. In fact, to me GConf seems useful for all kinds
> of data that needs to be persistent across application invocation, but
> which doesn't have to have an associated file name that the user knows
> about.

That's what they said about the registry, and look what happened. :-)

Let's not fan the fire of commentary about GConf being like the Windows
Registry by doing silly things with it, and repeating errors past.

- Jeff

--
   "I think hot Chinese girls who kick ass are the wave of the future, as
                      far as films go." - Cody Russell