Re: Rethunk FTP Proposal

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:

>   - the major-minor directories under sources rely on acceptance of
>     Frederic's GEP to be completely sensible. Frederic's yet-to-be-published
>     GEP will provide standard versioning for GNOME modules.

Remember that there will be plenty of stuff in GNOME releases not
conforming to that "GNOME versioning" ... libxml, libesd, gtk+, pango,
etc.

So, anything that depends on version numbers following the GNOME
release numbers isn't going to work.

That being said, the basic scheme looks fine; I was unable to put
the devel Pango release up the other day since there was no place
for it in the current scheme...

Regards,
                                        Owen