Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 17:20, Steve Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 10:56, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > I see your point, but that's not really what I meant.
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>
> > I think the problem is that making the applist offer to send an email to
> > the list encourages you to do so with little thought.
>
> I believe it was originally Havoc who requested the feature, and I have
> to admit that I think people still find it useful. I added the
> announcement template after people started posting change logs. IMHO the
> announcements have been fairly good lately assuming the Description
> field for the project is filled in properly.

The description field is too short, and doesn't seem to keep line
breaks. I found it highly annoying when I tried to enter an updated
description for Walk500.

> Maybe just a little more selective approval for the list would suffice?
> I agree with Mike Newman that we probably don't want to begin to
> interpret/fix people's emails, but we can always reject them with
> comments such as "please include a more detailed description of your
> application" or "you forgot to include a URL for the project".

Sounds alright. Maybe even better is to put up a checklist as the
description for the ML, and point it out when there's something missing.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net