Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 10:56, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> I see your point, but that's not really what I meant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

> I think the problem is that making the applist offer to send an email to
> the list encourages you to do so with little thought.

I believe it was originally Havoc who requested the feature, and I have
to admit that I think people still find it useful. I added the
announcement template after people started posting change logs. IMHO the
announcements have been fairly good lately assuming the Description
field for the project is filled in properly.

Maybe just a little more selective approval for the list would suffice?
I agree with Mike Newman that we probably don't want to begin to
interpret/fix people's emails, but we can always reject them with
comments such as "please include a more detailed description of your
application" or "you forgot to include a URL for the project".

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org