Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On 6 Aug 2002, Steve Fox wrote:

> Your comment was about the quality of the announcements degrading since
> the applist started sending emails. The applist encourages all
> developers, whether new or experienced, to post their announcements to
> the list. Knowing that the quality of the core GNOME components
> announcements hasn't degraded, it was my guess that you must be
> referring to all the new non-core application announcements, which has
> dramatically increased since the applist started sending mails.

I see your point, but that's not really what I meant.
I think the problem is that making the applist offer to send an email to
the list encourages you to do so with little thought. However, sitting
down and writing an announcement email requires more thought and thus
(potentially) leads to an announcement message of higher quality.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001