Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 09:24, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 6 Aug 2002, Steve Fox wrote:
>
> > I don't think we can judge the quality of the emails because many people
> > are not native English speakers. Also, I don't think it's fair to give
> > My Favorite Killer App (tm) any precedence over Yet Another Tea Timer.
> > That new developer just may write the new Favorite Killer App some day
> > and gnome-announce gives them a place to toot their horn and take some
> > pride in what they do.
>
> none of these have anything to do with disabling the announcement
> mails sent by the applist.

Your comment was about the quality of the announcements degrading since
the applist started sending emails. The applist encourages all
developers, whether new or experienced, to post their announcements to
the list. Knowing that the quality of the core GNOME components
announcements hasn't degraded, it was my guess that you must be
referring to all the new non-core application announcements, which has
dramatically increased since the applist started sending mails.

If I have reached in invalid conclusion, please disregard my comments.

I just don't see how we can improve the quality of non-core application
announcements without becoming editors. If someone's up for the job,
that's great though.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org