Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 16:25, Steve Fox wrote:

> I just don't see how we can improve the quality of non-core application
> announcements without becoming editors. If someone's up for the job,
> that's great though.

I recently offered to moderate the list, to at least bounce any
completely useless announcements which don't include the basic
information needed. Apparently g-a is already moderated.

What I don't think anyone should end up doing is correcting people's
announcements for them - its bordering on disrespectful especially where
language ability is an issue. What we can do is say 'this isn't useful
to anyone' where basic things are lacking.

Even that would be a huge improvement in my view.

Mike