Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > So, a while back, there was some discussion about what kind of software
> > announcements were appropriate on gnome-announce list, specifically with
> > regards to the applist emails (which often had lowish quality info).
>
> has these applist automatic emails done anyone any good? I know I've
> mostly been annoyed by them. So maybe the easiest solution to raise the
> quaility of gnome-announce would be to stop these automatic mails and
> instead go back to requiring manually written emails.

	Totally agreed with this!

	I think it should have these two sections *clearly* written:

	(1) What is it? It needs to outline the context of the new release
	    NOT a criptic or abbrevated name does not help. We should consider
	    there are always new comers out there whom we can attract to use
	    or develop the tecnology :).

	(2) Why the new release?
	    This should give some rationales for the new releases.
	    Ask yourself that quetsion, why would I bother to take on
	    a new release, because it is better than something I use now,
	    or because it's cool...
	    Sometimes a developer has worked in something for so
	    long, he/she forgot why the release anyway.

- Ghee Teo