Re: vfolder related stuff

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 15:08, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > and then we have .gnome2/vfolders/*, I don't know how this is supposed
> > to be used, but after making a simple program i think that the logic in
> > the vfolders module to merge this with the default one is broken. Or
> > maybe i have not understand how to add a custom item to the menu bar.
> > Can somebody with knowledge put some light in this?
>
> My impression is that when you edit a vfolder, it copies the system
> query into ~/.gnome2/vfolders/ and then modifies it. But I may have
> misunderstood.

There is also .gnome2vfolders, or at least there was at one point. This
file appears to be a big problem, because it maintains queries that can
get broken when things move around. For example, until I deleted my
.gnome2vfolders about ten minutes ago, I had nothing in my preferences
menu because my .gnome2vfolders queries all pointed at 'preferences' and
not 'desktop preferences.' (AFAICT.)

It also appears that .gnome2/vfolders is currently ignored, as the
nautilus.desktop file in my
.gnome2/vfolders/applications/nautilus.desktop has had an icon added
(gnome-home.png) and the one in my menus (even after restarting my
panel) has no icon.

Luis