Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 22:03, Alex Duggan wrote:

    What do you mean by "drag and drop of filenames"?

You can drag filenames from nautilus to the terminal.

    * scp [drag some annoyingly long filenames] hostname:<enter>
    * for i in [drag files]; do blah-blah; done
    * drag urls from mozilla to IRC (I run my irc on a remote shell,
      thus on gnome-terminal)
    * cd [drag /mnt/stonesoup/ad1/tigert/photos/travel-pics/GUADEC3]
      much nicer than pressing tab 7 times :-)

It's really handy feature on many occasions. Combines the desktop file
management and shell very nicely. For example, selecting photographs
from your holiday pics in Nautilus is much nicer (thumbnails) than on
the shell (P112341.JPG). So, select the ones you want to share, then
drag them to a terminal where you have a "scp" commandline waiting for
filenames.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::