Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

tor 2002-04-11 klockan 21.34 skrev Ettore Perazzoli:
> On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 11:51, Radek Doulík wrote:
> > It's pity that you didn't tell me about this disscussion, I will be glad
> > to join it :-(
>
> Sorry about that.  There was really no formal planning for this
> discussion -- we just happened to be sitting at the same table in the
> GUADEC computer room and started talking about it.
>
> Anyways, I believe Michael's intent with this mail was precisely to keep
> the discussion going and reach a consensus.
>
> > >       * We agreed that adding editing was the most difficult part of
> > >         making GtkHTML1 fly, and that adding it to GtkHTML2 is
> > >         extremely non-trivial.
> >
> > I am not so sure about this. The difficult parts have been to rewrite
> > previous broken editing implementation and design/implement UI (rather
> > time consuming task).
>
> I.e., you are saying, the most difficult part was indeed implementing
> the editor.  :-)

To me it rather sounds like the hard part was to design/implement the UI
(which mostly is done now) and to fix a previous broken implementation
of it (which doesn't have to be done).

So fixing this in Gtkhtml2 will probably be much easier than it was in
Gtkhtml1.

If the time to add accessibility in Gtkhtml1 is two man months of work I
think this really should be thought about more. Because adding editing
to Gtkhtml2 might not be very much more (which would put us in a much
better position).

Anyway, I haven't looked at any of the code, but I got the feeling that
the Gtkhtml1 code base was pretty broken when adding editing started
out.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/