Re: GNOME CVS: glimmer2 chicane

En sáb, 2001-09-29 a 07:09, Gregory Leblanc escribio:
> On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 23:39, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > Please stop this madness!!!!!
> >
> > WE SHOULD USE CVS BRANCHS, please ask me if you don't now how you could
> > create it.
>
> We did manage to catch chicane on irc, and as it turns out, glimmer was
> never in CVS before this.  However, it doesn't really make sense to have
> it be named glimmer2, since when glimmer version 3 rolls around, they'll
> want a new module.  Can we move this over to just 'glimmer', and be done
> with it?
> 	Greg

I was talking with chicane by mail (sorry for not send here the
"conclusions").

As I have said in other mail, I didn't remember that glimmer 1.x is at
sourceforge.net, but I suggest to chicane to import the actual glimmer
1.x (a special import that don't lose the cvs history) and then branch
it to glimmer 2.0. He told me that the glimmer 1.x will be only modify
to bugfixes so He don't see the utility for the move into cvs.gnome.org.
I think that is better to be able to see changes with bonsai and the
possibility to contribute some "special" people to this bugfixes (some
people like work directly with the cvs tree and commit their changes,
after the authors review).

Bye