[Fwd: Re: GNOME CVS: glimmer2 chicane]

forwarded by request.
	Greg
--- Begin Message ---
I dont have post privelages on gnome-hackers, so if you want this
posted, you'll have to forward it...
glimmer2 marks a distinct change in the direction of glimmer; from an
application to a component. As of now, the application part of glimmer
has been discontinued, and now only the editing component is left. It is
my intention to use it as the main editing facility for gIDE, Nautilus,
Anjuta, etc. in the future. (GNOME 2.0 specifically) The glimmer code in
gnome cvs is not the original glimmer code known to the rest of the
community, and thus I believe we should have some distinction between it
and the code from which it came. glimmer2 isnt really the best name for
the module...glimmer-component or something would probably be
better...however, I simply imported my own tree, leaving the name
intact.

Later,
Chris

--

http://glimmer.sourceforge.net - My pet project
http://uberhackers.dhs.org - My personal website

./configure --prefix=/dev/mocha --enable-caffeine

--- End Message ---