Re: GNOME CVS: CVSROOT naba

On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 07:54, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> Why don't use CVS tags instead two modules?

I talked with naba about this briefly on IRC right after I saw this
commit, but wanted to make this discussion in a larger forum.

There need to be some VERY good reasons for making a new module for a
new version of an existing module.  If every project were to make a new
module every time there was a new major version of that project, or of
the gnome environment, before very long our CVS would become even more
of a wasteland littered with dead CVS modules with strange names.  Even
major changes to a project's infrastructure can be made in a CVS
branch/revision/tag.  If you don't know how to make CVS do this for you,
there's a cvsmaster gnome org alias, which gets to the people who run
the CVS server for gnome, and they can help you out with CVS questions.
I'd like to hear the rationale behind making a new module, and if it
makes sense, get this new module converted into a branch of the original
anjuta module.
	Greg