Re: Panel Accessibility - Key Nav

John Harper <jsh pixelslut com> writes:
> Havoc Pennington writes:
> |OK, what I guess I meant is "Sawfish does not have special knowledge
> |of the panel except for possible bad special-case hacks" ;-)
> |
> |I really don't think this should be necessary, it's a bug in the WM
> |spec that it is.
>
> I don't think it's a big deal. As long as the special cases are generic
> (i.e. can apply to both gnome and kde panels), as they are now. If we
> want to add a _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_PANEL, that would be great, but if
> not..

There already is such a thing, right, _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK. I
think DOCK is supposed to be a panel. I am speculating that other
"hover around the edges" apps like the keyboard can also be DOCK, but
if they can't, we should have a new type or new hints for those - and
continue to assume type DOCK is a panel. Anyhow, short answer, I think
it's OK to use "type == DOCK" rather than "class == panel".

> Incidentally, I now have sawfish mostly working with gtk 2 (in that
> I've mostly ported rep-gtk to gtk 2)

Good news!

Havoc