Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:14:22AM -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> The next person to get this wrong will be summarily executed. The
> AFFIRMATIVE button is always on the right in this system. We ARE NOT
> talking about the default button. For common dialogues the affirmative
> will usually the default, but the affirmative goes on the right even
> when its not the default. That's why the ordering is useful, affirmative
> vs. negative are in consistent locations.

So, to summarise ....

    | You don't really want to launch all those warheads, do you? |
    |              [  No  ]      [  Maybe  ]    (This space       |
    |                                            intentionally    |
    |                                            left blank.)     |

(Sample dialog box from gnome-megalomaniac). :-)

/me runs away now.

Malcolm

--
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.