Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

> Hmm, how is this going to work for Yes/No/Cancel dialogs? They are
> *very* common in apps. I'd hate to have it say
>

> 	|               [Cancel] [   No   ] [    Yes    ] |
>         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes, that's generally how it would look...but you shouldn't be using
dialogues with yes and no on them much anyway. And yes/no/cancel is
really bad because its almost always somewhat ambiguous what no does vs.
cancel.

> Looks very ugly to me.

Looks fine to me.

> > start to automatically learn to move their mouse to that button when
> > they agree with the dialogue. It takes that much more thinking out of
> > the process (note that this decrease in thought is exactly what makes it
> > dangerous to reverse the button order sometimes). If we try to predict
>
> I do not think you want to have "No / Yes" sequence on screen any
> time. You always want Yes to be to the left, and yes is default most
> of the time. That means you have a problem.

The next person to get this wrong will be summarily executed. The
AFFIRMATIVE button is always on the right in this system. We ARE NOT
talking about the default button. For common dialogues the affirmative
will usually the default, but the affirmative goes on the right even
when its not the default. That's why the ordering is useful, affirmative
vs. negative are in consistent locations.

-seth