Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

> So unless you are sure that the people choosing XFCE
> would choose the GNOME desktop instead if XFCE wasn't available/known to
> them, then treating XFCE like a friend is a good move for GNOME.

Their aim is to provide a complete lightweight user desktop environment.
They are direct competition.
It doesn't look good for GNOME to say "Actually here's something that
does exactly the same thing we do, but you might like it better". You
don't see Microsoft advertising alternative IDEs other than Visual
Studio, cos after all, they all use the same development platform.

iain