Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

On 26 May 2001 18:43:42 -0400, Iain wrote:
> Disable posting. Keep it around for the announcement/article aspect of
> it, although maybe better define what should be posted there (An article
> on XFCE where the interviewee says "Oh Nautilus exposed a bug in our
> code" does not count as a worthy article to post IMO[1])
Ok, since I posted the XFCE story I think I want to respond to this.
The main reason for me posting it is because having XFCE around is a
good thing for GNOME. XFCE is a good alternative for those who feel the
GNOME desktop is to heavy duty, yet it depends upon and support our
development plattform. The more choices there are available which leads
people into the GTK+\GNOME development plattform the better.
The second reason I posted the story is that all GTK+\GNOME developer
interviews should/is posted to Gnotices. XFCE is a GTK+ based
environment which has GNOME support. Showing a friendly attitude towards
the project is a good way to ensure both that they continue to work
towards good GNOME support and increasing cooperation/integration.

I think it was Havoc who once posted a comment on Gnotices where he said
that the important part of GNOME to get 'everyone' to use is the
development plattform, not the desktop. This is also my view.

Christian