Re: RTF in the canvas?
- From: Vlad Harchev <hvv hippo ru>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: RTF in the canvas?
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:22:36 +0500 (SAMST)
On 9 May 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
If all complex features like tables and probably nested lists and even pics
are needed, I would suggest to use html as layout description language - it's
almost as rich as RTF, but humanly readable and may be already
partially supported by existing components like gtkhtml or gecko.
> Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:
> > You are right.
> > It is similar in spirit to what is in there. Can Pango XML markup
> > allow me to specify any kind of fonts?
> Sure, it supports a thing like <span font_desc="Helvetica 12">foo</span>
> where "Helvetica 12" is a Pango font spec which can include all the
> font attributes Pango understands.
> It could be extended further to support more kinds of stuff, it's just
> a matter of what people find out that they need.
> (Hey, it occurs to me it even has docs:
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev