Re: foobar (menubar) suggestions

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:
> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > The problem is that there are a couple pixels below the applet that
> > belong to the panel window. I don't think there's any way an applet
> > can get events there. So how would you fix an applet without adding a
> > hack like this to the panel?
>
> Can't an applet span the complete height/width of the panel?

As I understand it, the problem is that the panel has spacing around
all the applets for the panel bevel. I'm not sure you want to remove
the panel bevel, and it seems broken for applets to assume they know
how to draw the part of the bevel they overlap. So really the panel
needs to draw those bottom two pixels.

Havoc