Re: foobar (menubar) suggestions

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 05:25:12PM +0200, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2001, Jonathan LaCour wrote:

>>     1. Integrate the little "rounding" effect from Ximian GNOME into the
>>     mainstream GNOME CVS.  Not only is this really cool, its a nice
>>     addition, albeit a little silly one.

> I don't use the Foobar and I haven't looked at Ximian GNOME 1.4 yet, so
> I'd like to ask how this change affects the usability of the Foobar (I am
> thinking of the Law of Some Dude Whose Name I Forgot, which is basically
> that it is easier to click on things that are bigger (duh) and that the
> corner is virtually of half-infinite size because you can push the mouse
> infinitely in two directions out of the possible four -- I am sure you
> know what I'm talking about)

Fitt's Law. From what I can tell, the rounded corners don't create problems
in this regard; you can still click in the very corner and get the menu and
so on.

By the way, I just noticed that the GNOME tasklist, with the "Follow panel
size" option on, doesn't go all the way down. In the manner of the extreme
breakage in the Windows tasklist, the two bottom-most pixels are unclickable.
This should probably be fixed.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer