Re: foobar (menubar) suggestions

On 03 May 2001 17:25:12 +0200, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2001, Jonathan LaCour wrote:
>
> >     1. Integrate the little "rounding" effect from Ximian GNOME into the
> >     mainstream GNOME CVS.  Not only is this really cool, its a nice
> >     addition, albeit a little silly one.
>
> I don't use the Foobar and I haven't looked at Ximian GNOME 1.4 yet, so
> I'd like to ask how this change affects the usability of the Foobar (I am
> thinking of the Law of Some Dude Whose Name I Forgot, which is basically
> that it is easier to click on things that are bigger (duh) and that the
> corner is virtually of half-infinite size because you can push the mouse
> infinitely in two directions out of the possible four -- I am sure you
> know what I'm talking about)

The rounded edges are actually derived GtkMenuItems, so you can still
click in the rounded edge, including the corner, and still get a menu
item, so from a functional point of view the usability is the same.
Whether or not the users think that's a clickable area, I doubt it, but
that's not my area of expertise.

Joe