Re: Making GNOME CVS more usable

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:

> I do prefer to have several small files with  explicit content rather than
> one huge all-in-one README file...
>
> For example I'd like to see DEPENDENCIES file in each project directory, so,
> compiling from scratch I should know, what else I do need. At the moment
> it's mostly multiple run-and-test process untill all the dependecies are
> satisfied...
>
> So, I do like Matthias proposition and would like to see all the documentation
> files in ech project directory.

If we are going to have standard files listing dependencies, it is
probably good to list each dependency as being either required,
recommended and optional.  Some packages can be compiled without certain
dependencies, but you may loose useful features if you do.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/