Re: patch for gtk+-2.0 : support for new Application Launch Feedback mechanism

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Mary Dwyer wrote:

> I confess I don't understand your proposal. Could you elaborate upon it?
> - do you propose still using a binary wrapper to launch the app?

No. It is just a different type of modification to the toolkit.

> - are you uniquely identifying the feedback in some way?

This is entirely possible - the launchee can pass information in the
environment variable back to the launcher, as part of the

> - and in particular, what code would be updated to make the launched app send
>   an X client message to the window of the launching app?

The same area of code that is currently updated by your gdk patch...
Instead of saying "Look here I am" by setting a window property, the
launchee would do the same by simply sending a ClientMessage to the
launcher.

-- Elliot
The truth knocks on my door, and I say
"Go away. I'm looking for the truth"