Re: patch for gtk+-2.0 : support for new Application Launch Feedback mechanism

hi

I confess I don't understand your proposal. Could you elaborate upon it?
- do you propose still using a binary wrapper to launch the app?
- are you uniquely identifying the feedback in some way?
- and in particular, what code would be updated to make the launched app send
  an X client message to the window of the launching app?

cheers
Mary

> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:36:11 -0500 (EST)
> From: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>
> To: Mary Dwyer <Mary Dwyer Sun COM>
> Cc: <gnome-hackers gnome org>
> Subject: Re: patch for gtk+-2.0 : support for new Application Launch Feedback
mechanism

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Mary Dwyer wrote:
>
> > below is an outline of the requirements that were drawn up following
> > the discussions on the email aliases a few months ago. One of the
> > requirements was to devise a solution which would work for Gnome and
> > non-Gnome applications (which, if I understand your last email
> > correctly, would exclude the solution that you proposed there?).
>
> You probably misunderstood my proposal, then. My solution would be
> implementable in a raw Xlib program, or any other toolkit that knows how
> to run on top of X... All four requirements are met.
>
> -- Elliot
> The truth knocks on my door, and I say
> "Go away. I'm looking for the truth"
> ...and so it goes away.

~ I speak for myself, not for my employer ~
Mary Dwyer
Desktop Applications & Middleware Grp
Sun Microsystems Ireland
Tel: +353-1-8199222 (xt 19222)