official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

 Hi,

 It's obvious that a lot of small gnome applets and utilities would better be
written using some scripting language than C (e.g. using GtkPerl or PyGtk
bindings) from quality, feature-richness, maintanability. As for utilities -
it's floppy disk formatter, color browser, 'about myself' utility, etc.
Moreover, Ximian setup tools already use python extensively even for GUI.
Unfortunately only lisp is among scripting languages supported by gnome
(sawfish uses it, and some utilities like gnucash). What I propose is to make
popular scripting languages like Python and Perl (I have nothing against lisp
dialects, but there are much more programmers who know Python or Perl than who
know lisp) a requirement of gnome (so e.g. gnome won't run without them), and
so that bindings for these languages are shipped with gnome, and it would be
highly appreciated from utility authors to write their utils not in C, but in
either Perl or Python. This will result in availability of a ton of
feature-rich, polished and intelligent and helpful utilities available with
gnome.

 What do you think about this?

PS: to list admin: could you please subscribe me to the list in post-enabled
mode?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad