Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

Vlad Harchev <hvv hippo ru> writes:

>  Hi,
>
> What I propose is to make popular scripting languages like Python
> and Perl (I have nothing against lisp dialects, but there are much
> more programmers who know Python or Perl than who know lisp) a
> requirement of gnome (so e.g. gnome won't run without them), and so
> that bindings for these languages are shipped with gnome, and it
> would be highly appreciated from utility authors to write their
> utils not in C, but in either Perl or Python.

GNOME 1.4 will include bindings for C++, python, guile, and rep (in
addition to C). It will not contain perl bindings because the folks on
gnome-1.4-list who know about such things said they were not as mature
or complete.

Regards,

Maciej