Re: Reminder: impending GNOME 1.4 RC1 deadline

Peter Teichman <peter ximian com> writes:

> Remember, folks. Version strings are completely arbitrary
> constructs. It doesn't matter to a user whether the package is version
> 1.4.0 or 1.4.1.

That's my opinion, too (of course).

> Having to increase a number due to critical bugs found in the testing
> cycle should be expected. They are critical bugs, and a new version is
> required.

Sure, that's what I wanted to indicate with my sparse message ;)

> This may seem like common sense, but the fact is that maintainers of
> gnome-related projects violate this on a fairly regular basis.

;)

> Note: I'm not ranting at you, Karl. We seem to be in agreement.

Exactly :)  It's hard for me to find the right English words and put
them together in a sequence people will understand.  (okay, sometimes
I'm flaming...).

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,