Re: Pointing ftp.gnome.org somewhere (Re: master.gnome.org and FTP server restructurement)

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 03:37:02PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > Our connection is 100MBit to the Swedish University Network which is
> > part of NorduNET which has pretty good connectivity. (7x155 to
> > Teleglobe, 2x155 to Ebone and 1x155 to Internet2.. or so)
> >
> > I am syncing over the data right now so we can set it up as a mirror to
> > start with.
>
> Hmmm, I'm pretty sure a majority of our traffic is currently
> from North America.
[...]
>  - How much spare bandwidth we have at the main gnome.org site
>  - Whether there are interested mirrors in North America with

  well the MIT rpmfind.net is getting a better bandwidth
I upgraded the machine recently RAM wise and it should be able
to sustain the load without problem.
   Currently
     Average  In: 2674.2 kB/s (10.7%)  (Bytes not bits)

I.e. around 230GBytes/day I dunno if being the main ftp.gnome.org
would make a big difference...

Daniel