Re: gnome-libs 2.0 proposal

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Lee Mallabone wrote:

> Sounds great. My biggest question is, where/how can I help? Imho, one
> of the biggest problems with the current gnome-libs HEAD is that it
> takes a *lot* of determination and time just to patch/configure/build
> it and the dependencies, before any hacking can commence. I think the
> amount of contributors will be much larger if we can do something to
> reduce this. I agree with the proposal of starting with gnome-libs-1-0
> as a base as it may well help with that...

Your reasoning appears to be along the lines of "It needs work, so I don't
want to work on it - I would rather work on something that already works".

The same work is going to have to be done no matter which code base one
starts with, unless someone suddenly decides to scrap all the work
specific to a particular branch. It's just a matter of name games etc.

-- Elliot
The truth knocks on my door, and I say
"Go away. I'm looking for the truth"
...and so it goes away.