Re: gnome-terminal delete/backspace mess

> Well that's the heart of the disagreement - my claim is that a) not
> many people are doing this and

Lots of people use it.  It is there because of user requests.

> b) if they are, and we remove this functionality, the consequences
> aren't particularly severe and they will live through it.

They hamper productivity on those environments where a simple fix is
to change the setting in the `Preferences' menu.

If you do not want to use a terminal with settable preferences, there
is always `rxvt', `xterm' and `Eterm'.

> Ergo, it is not important functionality at all.  And in fact for the
> vast majority of users it is _actively bad_ functionality. That is
> the main issue, that we are putting the needs of 5% ahead of the
> needs of 95%.

Where are you getting these numbers from?

In a Linux shop that might be true, but not in a university with a
mixed environment for example.  Or a company that uses more than
Debian for its systems.

Miguel.