Re: gnome-terminal delete/backspace mess

> In some sense. The Debian policy is a sane way to get things to work
> together, that interoperates reasonably well if you log in to those
> older systems. In my experience those systems have completely
> haphazard/broken del/bs behavior though and would do well to just
> start adopting the Debian policy. We need a UNIX-wide standard on this
> and the Debian one is fine.

The Debian policy on this matter was basically that someone went and
fixed every open source application and every setting into the system
to match.

The Debian policy is a great thing.  But it only works for those who
follow the policy.

So this solves the problem for Debian, but this does not solve the
problem of interoperability with other systems.

Miguel.